- Asher, J. M., & Hibbard, P. B. (2020). No effect of feedback, level of processing or stimulus presentation protocol on perceptual learning when easy and difficult trials are interleaved. Vision Research, 176, 100-117.
- Asher, J. M., Romei, V., & Hibbard, P. B. (2019). Spatial Frequency Tuning and Transfer of Perceptual Learning for Motion Coherence Reflects the Tuning Properties of Global Motion Processing. Vision, 3(3), 44.
- Asher, JM & Hibbard, PB. (2018). First- and second-order contributions to depth perception in anti-correlated random dot stereograms. Scientific Reports. 8. 10.1038/s41598-018-32500-4.
- Asher, JM., Romei, V. Hibbard, PB (2018) Spatial frequency tuning of perceptual learning and transfer in global motion. bioRxiv 372458;
- Asher, JM. O’Hare, L. Romei, V. Hibbard, P.B. (2018) Typical Lateral Interactions, but Increased Contrast Sensitivity, in Migraine-With-Aura. Vision, 2, 7.
- Asher, JM, (2017), Perceptual learning for clinical populations with visual deficits after stroke, Psypag Quarterly,102: 45-50
Articles in Review
- O’Hare, L, Hibbard PB, & Asher, JM. Migraine visual aura and cortical spreading depression- linking mathematical models to empirical evidence, Vision: Migraine Special Edition: March 2021 (preprint available)
- Asher, JM, O’Hare, L, & Hibbard PB. Is it time to abandon contrast sensitivity as a measure of cortical hyperexcitability in migraine-with-aura? Vision: Migraine Special Edition: March 2021
- Webb, AL, Asher, JM, & Hibbard, PB. Saccadic latency initation is sensitive to the spatialfrequency and contrast content of facial expressions. PlosOne
Articles in prep
- Asher, JM, Hibbard PB. Feedforward signals determine the direction of depth from binocular disparity
- Asher, JM, Wakeling E & Hibbard PB. Augmenting reality for visual field loss: integrating overlayed information toincrease the field of view.Journal of Optics
- Webb, AL, Dawson, J, Asher, JM, van Dam, LC. & Hibbard, PB. The first case-study in a real-life virtual theatre : Investigating user presence, immersion and self-affirmation.
- Asher, JM & Hibbard PB. Perfectly imperfectpsychometric functions: an inclusive approach to psychophysical research.
- Hibbard, PB, Goutcher, R, Scarfe, P, Hunter, DW, Khan, N & Asher, JM. Optimal encoding of binocular images by cortical neurons
- Asher, JM, & Hibbard, PB. (2020). Reliable depth perception in the absence of awareness for peripherally viewed anticorrelated stereograms.,Journal of Vision, 20(11), 1745-1745.
- Asher, J., & Hibbard, P. (2018). The effect of edge separation and orientation on the perception of depth in anti-correlated random dot stereograms. Journal of Vision, 18(10), 988-988.
- Asher, JM, Hibbard PB, Goutcher R, Scarfe P, Hunter D, (2017), Efficient encoding of binocular disparity predicts sensitivity to depth differences, Journal of Vision 17(10):1068
- Asher, JM, O’Hare L, Romei V, Hibbard PB, Normal lateral interactions, but increased contrast sensitivity, in migraine with aura Perception, Vol 46(10) suppl, 1205 - 1238
- Asher, JM, Romei V, Hibbard PB, (2017) External feedback is needed for perceptual learning of global motion, Perception, Vol 46(2) suppl, 230
- Asher, JM, Romei V, Hibbard PB, (2016) Perceptual learning for global motion is tuned for spatial frequency, Perception, Vol 45(2) suppl, 317-318